Good Oral HygienePosted on 2013-10-02 00:41:59
Here are some quick tips on how to check yourself for bad breath There is a Swahili proverb ‘ nyani haoni kundule, huliona la mwengine’ meaning you may be un aware of your bad traits but easily see someone else’s bad trait. In the same way you may not be aware that your breath is stale or foul smelling but quickly know when someone has bad breath. I will give you some tips on how to check on your breath, before others do:
- Lick the back of your wrist let it dry for 2 minutes and then sniff the area after a few moments. If you notice a bad smell you can be sure it is what others smell.
- Use a teaspoon or better still a tongue scraper. Scrape the very back your tongue wait 2 minutes then smell the spoon if it smells bad you have bad breath.
- Get about sizeable amount of dental floss and twist it around each middle finger leaving a small piece of floss in between the finger. Ensure this small piece of floss is tight.
- Using your thumbs and index fingers gently slide this piece of tight floss into the space between the teeth.
- Slide the floss gently up and down between the teeth. Gently move it to the bottom of the tooth and clean below the gum line. Use of force can lead to pain and bleeding. Be gentle
- Once you are satisfied you have cleaned that area, gently remove the floss using the same up and down motion until it comes out.
- Then move onto the next space using a fresh piece of floss after adjusting the floss.
- Once you are through, rinse your mouth and prepare to brush your teeth.
Dear Dorothy, Thanks for your question and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. If your are not looking to get pregnant any time soon, you can consider options that last alteast 5 years or so, at which time you can decide. The best option would be an IUCD/coil, with which you…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Jonah, Thanks for your question. With any visual impairment requiring corrective lenses, the condition changes with time, and thats why to os advisable to have your vision and lenses checked and possibly changed at least every 2 years. If you ahem not had such a reassessment, then you need…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear John Thanks for your question, and very sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It is difficult to give an estimate of how much such a surgery would cost without an assessment being done of the necessary procedure. Even with the background, I\'m not sure if the issue is just…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Hi Miriam> Sorry for that troubling condition. I assume that before 2013 you were able to have sex normally. If that is the case then a possibility is and infection. However, you need to be reviewed by a gynecologist to examine and see what the is the cause of pain.…over 2 years ago By:Dr JULIUS GISORE ONDIEKI