Good Oral HygienePosted on 2013-10-02 00:41:59
Here are some quick tips on how to check yourself for bad breath There is a Swahili proverb ‘ nyani haoni kundule, huliona la mwengine’ meaning you may be un aware of your bad traits but easily see someone else’s bad trait. In the same way you may not be aware that your breath is stale or foul smelling but quickly know when someone has bad breath. I will give you some tips on how to check on your breath, before others do:
- Lick the back of your wrist let it dry for 2 minutes and then sniff the area after a few moments. If you notice a bad smell you can be sure it is what others smell.
- Use a teaspoon or better still a tongue scraper. Scrape the very back your tongue wait 2 minutes then smell the spoon if it smells bad you have bad breath.
- Get about sizeable amount of dental floss and twist it around each middle finger leaving a small piece of floss in between the finger. Ensure this small piece of floss is tight.
- Using your thumbs and index fingers gently slide this piece of tight floss into the space between the teeth.
- Slide the floss gently up and down between the teeth. Gently move it to the bottom of the tooth and clean below the gum line. Use of force can lead to pain and bleeding. Be gentle
- Once you are satisfied you have cleaned that area, gently remove the floss using the same up and down motion until it comes out.
- Then move onto the next space using a fresh piece of floss after adjusting the floss.
- Once you are through, rinse your mouth and prepare to brush your teeth.
- about 1 year ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Keith, Hope you feel better. Just to clarify - were you requesting for us to change your appointment on your behalf? Currently at Ask A Doc we don\'t offer this service since we are not affiliated with the specific doctor you had an appointment with. However if you call…about 1 year ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
- over 2 years ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Toni, Thanks for your question. The cost varies but locally work with about 50-100,000. Most people who have done it on both eyes paid app. 150,000-175,000. Kind regards, Dr. Kiuraover 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA