Medical Insurance: Need To knowPosted on 2012-11-22 09:00:18
- Did you know that even with private health insurance you still need NHIF (National Hospital Insurance Fund) to cover for part of the hospitalization expenses?
- Never give false information or withhold health information when getting a medical policy.
- Fraud is the one of the biggest threat in health insurance in Kenya.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has a consumer protection department to handle all your insurance complaints.
- You cannot get an outpatient medical insurance policy without paying for an inpatient policy.
- Medical insurance policies generally do not cover for: Infertility treatment, Vaccination, Illness or accidents that are as result of alcohol or drug use & Exercise programs.
- There are now medical insurance policies for those aged 65 years.
Dear Hellen, Apologies for the delayed response. Bleeding between periods is often caused by hormonal imbalance, which could be physiological or related to the hormonal contraceptives. If however it persists or recurs in the next cycle, then visit a gynaecologist for examination to rule out other uterine conditions that can…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Mbuvi, Thanks for your question. It is very difficult to know the exact cause of the recurrent swelling without having examined the eyes. If the problem has persisted despite visits to your ophthalmologist or without adequate explanation, then it may be time to consider getting a second opinion. Visit…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
- over 2 years ago By:Dr BENJAMIN OMONDI OKANGA
Dear Jane, Thanks for your question. The change in appetite is often related to changes in the hormones that control metabolism. As you mention, it is crucial to rule these imbalances as the possible cause of the increased appetite and to do so you need to visit your doctor for…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA