Medical Insurance: Need To knowPosted on 2012-11-22 09:00:18
- Did you know that even with private health insurance you still need NHIF (National Hospital Insurance Fund) to cover for part of the hospitalization expenses?
- Never give false information or withhold health information when getting a medical policy.
- Fraud is the one of the biggest threat in health insurance in Kenya.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has a consumer protection department to handle all your insurance complaints.
- You cannot get an outpatient medical insurance policy without paying for an inpatient policy.
- Medical insurance policies generally do not cover for: Infertility treatment, Vaccination, Illness or accidents that are as result of alcohol or drug use & Exercise programs.
- There are now medical insurance policies for those aged 65 years.
Dear Hannah, Thanks for your question. In many cases, there is an overlap with some of the medication used for GERD and PUD. The side effects associated with omeprazole are reversible and therefore do not need specific addressing since they resolve when you stop the medication. Some of the newer…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Samuel, Thanks for your question. Just to clarify, is it that the erection is not maintained to proceed to intercourse or is it that you ejaculate prematurely? In both these cases, psychological causes are the most predominant such as depression, stress, anxiety, problems within a relationship etc. Most of…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Walter, Thanks for your question. Some people tend to have this problem where the lashes irritate the eyes because the eyelid is slightly turned inwards towards the eye. This may be related to age or may occur after trauma to the eyelid. Depending on the severity of the condition,…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Sophia, Apologies for the delay in response. Your sons case is not straightforward. After consulting a colleague paediatrician, we agreed that he still needs further assessment, specifically by a pediatric neurologist.I\'m not sure which neurologist you visited but there is a paediatric neurologist at AgaKhan Hospital you can visit,…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA