Medical Insurance: Need To knowPosted on 2012-11-22 09:00:18
- Did you know that even with private health insurance you still need NHIF (National Hospital Insurance Fund) to cover for part of the hospitalization expenses?
- Never give false information or withhold health information when getting a medical policy.
- Fraud is the one of the biggest threat in health insurance in Kenya.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has a consumer protection department to handle all your insurance complaints.
- You cannot get an outpatient medical insurance policy without paying for an inpatient policy.
- Medical insurance policies generally do not cover for: Infertility treatment, Vaccination, Illness or accidents that are as result of alcohol or drug use & Exercise programs.
- There are now medical insurance policies for those aged 65 years.
- over 2 years ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Pato, Thanks for your question. There is no guideline on how many times you should have sex with your spouse. Every relationship is unique and both of you need to figure out what works for you as a couple. It is also not about quantity but quality; what the…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Thanks for your question. Its unlikely to get pregnanct of you have unprotected sex during your period. The fertile days vary in every woman depending on her cycle length and pattern, but generally the time when one is on her period is considered safe. However, be careful if you…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Sophia, Apologies for the delay in response. Your sons case is not straightforward. After consulting a colleague paediatrician, we agreed that he still needs further assessment, specifically by a pediatric neurologist.I\'m not sure which neurologist you visited but there is a paediatric neurologist at AgaKhan Hospital you can visit,…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
- over 2 years ago
- over 3 years ago
- over 3 years ago
- over 4 years ago