Medical Insurance: Need To knowPosted on 2012-11-22 09:00:18
- Did you know that even with private health insurance you still need NHIF (National Hospital Insurance Fund) to cover for part of the hospitalization expenses?
- Never give false information or withhold health information when getting a medical policy.
- Fraud is the one of the biggest threat in health insurance in Kenya.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has a consumer protection department to handle all your insurance complaints.
- You cannot get an outpatient medical insurance policy without paying for an inpatient policy.
- Medical insurance policies generally do not cover for: Infertility treatment, Vaccination, Illness or accidents that are as result of alcohol or drug use & Exercise programs.
- There are now medical insurance policies for those aged 65 years.
Dear Pato, Thanks for your question. There is no guideline on how many times you should have sex with your spouse. Every relationship is unique and both of you need to figure out what works for you as a couple. It is also not about quantity but quality; what the…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Regina, Thanks for your question. The fact that the vision in the left eye has remained blurred could indicate another condition that may not be corrected by spectacles. It is advisable for you to visit an ophthalmologist (eye specialist) for a full assessment. Note that this is different from…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Brian, Thank you for your question. Diabetes is known to affect various organs in the body including the nerves and blood vessels. When the disease affects the erectile tissue it can lead to erectile dysfunction. This makes it difficult for the man to have or sustain an erection. Other…over 2 years ago By:Dr AGNETA MUTINDA MBITHI
Dear Daniel, Thanks for your question. Allow me to clarify...are you currently covered by UAP insurance? If you are covered, then there is a referral process within their panel of providers. Once referred then all you need is the card and you will be attended to. If however you are…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA