Medical Insurance: Need To knowPosted on 2012-11-22 09:00:18
- Did you know that even with private health insurance you still need NHIF (National Hospital Insurance Fund) to cover for part of the hospitalization expenses?
- Never give false information or withhold health information when getting a medical policy.
- Fraud is the one of the biggest threat in health insurance in Kenya.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has a consumer protection department to handle all your insurance complaints.
- You cannot get an outpatient medical insurance policy without paying for an inpatient policy.
- Medical insurance policies generally do not cover for: Infertility treatment, Vaccination, Illness or accidents that are as result of alcohol or drug use & Exercise programs.
- There are now medical insurance policies for those aged 65 years.
- about 1 year ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Walter, Thanks for your question. Some people tend to have this problem where the lashes irritate the eyes because the eyelid is slightly turned inwards towards the eye. This may be related to age or may occur after trauma to the eyelid. Depending on the severity of the condition,…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Daniel, Thanks for your question. Allow me to clarify...are you currently covered by UAP insurance? If you are covered, then there is a referral process within their panel of providers. Once referred then all you need is the card and you will be attended to. If however you are…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Violet, Very sorry to hear about your loss. But I\'m glad that you are ready to try again. The implant placed in the arm tend to have a father return to fertility than the combined contraceptives in the form of pills or the injection. However, for some it can…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA