Medical Insurance: Need To knowPosted on 2012-11-22 09:00:18
- Did you know that even with private health insurance you still need NHIF (National Hospital Insurance Fund) to cover for part of the hospitalization expenses?
- Never give false information or withhold health information when getting a medical policy.
- Fraud is the one of the biggest threat in health insurance in Kenya.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has a consumer protection department to handle all your insurance complaints.
- You cannot get an outpatient medical insurance policy without paying for an inpatient policy.
- Medical insurance policies generally do not cover for: Infertility treatment, Vaccination, Illness or accidents that are as result of alcohol or drug use & Exercise programs.
- There are now medical insurance policies for those aged 65 years.
Hi, In Kenya the insurances companies mostly cover for accident and illness. Weight loss surgery is currently still considered cosmetic and an exclusion on a majority of the insurance policies. Regards Dr Torooti Mwirigi8 months ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Vikas, Thanks for your question. Masturbation in itself is not physically harmful, and will not affect your reproductive system. However, if you masturbate daily, then that is an addiction. One can be addicted to anything, alcohol, cigarettes, food or even masturbation. An addiction needs to be dealt with in…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Bernard, Our sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused by the temporary system downtime that affected our response time. We are upgrading the system to avoid such recurrence in the future. You can also reach us directly on email on firstname.lastname@example.org so please feel free to use this as well.…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Samuel, Thanks for your question. Just to clarify, is it that the erection is not maintained to proceed to intercourse or is it that you ejaculate prematurely? In both these cases, psychological causes are the most predominant such as depression, stress, anxiety, problems within a relationship etc. Most of…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA