Medical Insurance: What to Consider Before Taking OnePosted on 2012-11-21 09:00:11
Before you delve into getting health insurance, there are some things to consider:
- What is my budget? How much will I be willing to set aside for insurance in my annual budget?
- What kind of risk am do I want to be insured against? E.g. I can get medical insurance to cover my medical expenses only if I am admitted in the hospital or get medical insurance to cover my inpatient and outpatient expenses.
- Which insurance should I choose? This will depend on what kind of medical cover you are seeking and your budget
- What are the conditions being offered by the medical insurance company?
- What is the maximum amount the medical insurance will cover in the event of an illness or an accident?
- What benefits does my medical insurance cover? Does it cover for dental treatment or maternity services?
- What is excluded from the medical insurance policy?
- Which hospitals or Doctors does my medical insurance allow me to see?
- Can I visit the hospital or Doctor of my choice?
- Do I have to co-pay for medical treatment or does my insurance cover for all costs?
- Does my insurance cover chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes and HIV?
- Is there a waiting period for the medical insurance to take effect?
- What are your conditions for pre-existing illnesses? Do they have a waiting period?
- 10 months ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Hi, In Kenya the insurances companies mostly cover for accident and illness. Weight loss surgery is currently still considered cosmetic and an exclusion on a majority of the insurance policies. Regards Dr Torooti Mwirigiabout 1 year ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Hi, If you do not have an underlying illness like Diabetes(that increases the cases of ingrown nail infections) I suspect that the cause of the ingrown nails is as a result of how you cut your toe nails. Many times when you cut your toe nails and leave a sharp…over 2 years ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Keith, Hope you feel better. Just to clarify - were you requesting for us to change your appointment on your behalf? Currently at Ask A Doc we don\'t offer this service since we are not affiliated with the specific doctor you had an appointment with. However if you call…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA